Friday, August 24, 2012

Xiaxue the Cover Girl

Perfect! When Joanna picked John and I up from the Vegas airport, somehow I brought up Xiaxue and she asked, "What's your deal with her?" I don't think it could have been possible for me to explain without blabbing the ENTIRE car ride so I kept it to the essentials: most influential blogger in Singapore, and The Secret sells out in Singapore because of an entry she writes.

Luckily for me, Xiaxue wrote her own entry. About herself. Like always. Because she was featured in Lifestyle magazine. I skipped all of the top parts where she talks about other people because I don't care about them and went straight for the magazine scans.

Haters will always find reasons to harp about someone's flaws whether those flaws are real or not. I am not really an exception because I hate everyone. The difference?

Lots of haters (mostly girls) will call other girls ugly because they are jealous and insecure of their own looks. Look at the people who call Xiaxue ugly... do you think they look better than this?

An unedited picture, but I'm lazy so there are probably better ones.

I mean seriously, people call her ugly. They must feel like complete shit when they look at themselves in the mirror then.

I hate on people who are around my age, still live at home, don't have careers (who cares if you work at Starbucks), could never support themselves without help, do shitty in school, and STILL ACT LIKE THEY'RE COMPLETE BAD ASSES. On top of that, no other redeeming qualities are easily visible. The word for these people sounds a lot like "lame ass," (Lambdas, get it?? I'm hilarious, I know) too if you were wondering. Please y'all, that statement above is not all inclusive so don't get all butt hurt.

I completely idolize Xiaxue, but I also think that I am unbiased. I'm not from Singapore and much of what she writes about does not apply to me, but I've loved her since the first day I found her blog... that was in maybe February of 2012. I read her old entries when I was procrastinating and studying for the MCAT, and I didn't like them. Boring and immature (she was also 19? at the time though). I also don't agree with everything that she says, far from it, and I could care less about her advertorials and make up whatevers maybe because I live in Texas and can't acquire half the shit she talks about. Still, she is the only person I have ever admired in my entire life. I dreaded those questionnaires in school that asked, "Who do you look up to?" THE ANSWER IS NO ONE, so I had to lie.

I was starting to get bored of her advertorials and thinking how spoiled she is. After reading the Lifestyle piece, I changed my mind. Yes, she is spoiled and blogging is certainly an easier job than many, but she works for everything she has. She turns off the AC when she blogs to save electricity?? Would anyone in America even do that? I fucking wouldn't and I'm poor, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment